Therefore, we established “Thinking Committee” to have community-wide discussion without any preconditions attached, and had held a series of discussions through four off-line meetings from Feb. to July, 2017.
As a consequence, we had reconfirmed the following points:
- It is important that to have a community-wide symposium (workshop) in addition to the activities of each SIG for interaction among the researchers especially in our field of computing systems.
- Reviewing submitted papers helps to promote the development of researches and to foster young researchers.
- A domestic symposium (workshop) should be regarded as an early stage of researches. Therefore,
- Submission to this symposium (workshop) should not be an obstacle for later submission to international conferences/journals; that is, the risk that work presented in this symposium (workshop) is regarded as published should be lowered;
- In order for this symposium (workshop) to be positioned in an early stage of research, it is not effective to restrict the language to English.
- We should place emphasis on the role of a symposium (workshop) to foster young researchers.
The basic idea of xSIG is discussed in this “Thinking Committee”.
Pleases visit this site (in Japanese) for more details.