xSIG 2021 – The 5th cross-disciplinary Workshop on Computing Systems, Infrastructures, and Programming
[Date and Venue]
- xSIG will be held as a full-day workshop as a part of SWoPP 2021 (plan)
- Mar. 16, 2021, 17:00 JST: Paper registration due (firm)
- Mar. 23, 2021, 17:00 JST: Paper upload due (firm)
- Apr. 23, 2021: Author notification
[Scope and Objectives]
xSIG (cross-disciplinary workshop on computing Systems, Infrastructures, and programminG) is a workshop from 2017, inheriting the tradition of JSPP，SACSIS，and ACSI. It solicits contributions from a wide range of fields related to computing systems, infrastructures, and programming, spanning all areas covered by the sponsoring special interest groups (cross-SIG).
From 2020, xSIG is held in SWoPP event(Summer United Workshops on Parallel, Distributed and Cooperative Processing), in which many SIGs on computing systems hold workshops.
The main objectives of xSIG are to provide a forum to present and discuss research ideas among researchers spanning many fields and to raise young researchers through a globally standard peer review process. In particular,
- We hope authors of xSIG workshop to advance their research based on feedback received and step up to submitting their work to international conferences and journals. We do not publish workshop proceedings. The papers presented in xSIG will be available only to the audience during the workshop.
- We hope to give authors substantial feedback as well as a place foryoung researchers to practice/improve writing papers for review, through the globally standard conference format of submitting papers for review, receiving/writing reviews, discussing papers in the program committee meeting, etc.
- We award many students from diverse criterion to encourage students working on their Master/Bachelor’s theses to submit a paper around them.